Monday 24 September 2007
Based on the All Blacks' games so far:
- All Blacks lose to France in the quarter-final; a high error rate snuffs out promising attacks and France score intercept tries.
- The international press, who have been praising the All Blacks to the skies, explain how over-rated they always were.
- The rest of the rugby world learns that the way to ensure the ABs do not win the World Cup is to never, ever play your A team against them except in the knockout stages of the WC.
- The press gloats about how the ABs never win the WC, which is the only contest that matters. At the same time, the press complains that no-one takes non-WC games seriously anymore.
- The press complains that conservative, keep-it-tight rugby is boring. At the same time, the press ridicules the ABs for playing a wide game, which everyone knows is not the way to win the World Cup (the only contest that matters, see above).